...and Executioner is the 22nd episode of NCIS Season 16 and also the 376th episode of the entire NCIS series.
After NCIS finds a secret government bank account that's funding a nationwide network of vigilante justice, the team must determine who is acting as judge and jury.
- Gibbs reveals to his team that he killed Pedro Hernandez for murdering his family (his wife Shannon and his daughter Kelly).
- Judge Deakin was revealed to be behind the vigilante account alongside four judges associated with him, including the murder of Stuart Crum, and is also revealed to have deduced Gibbs' role in the death of Pedro Hernandez.
- In addition, Judge Deakin's earlier revelation about knowing Gibbs' role in Hernandez's death ultimately causes him to become shaken especially in light of his earlier giving up Rule 10.
- The Secretary of Defense is revealed to have previously created the slush fund with the intention of national security measures in the aftermath of 9/11, but lost track of it before Deakin managed to gain the account. The nature of his partnership with Wesley Clark is also expanded upon.
- Clark is revealed to have been killed in self-defense by his protégé due to paranoia.
|Leroy Jethro Gibbs||Mark Harmon||Special Agent in charge of the NCIS Major Case Response Team.|
|Timothy McGee||Sean Murray||Senior Special Agent and second-in command of the NCIS Major Case Response Team.|
|Nicholas Torres||Wilmer Valderrama||Special Agent for the NCIS Major Case Response Team.|
|Eleanor Bishop||Emily Wickersham||Special Agent for the NCIS Major Case Response Team.|
|Jacqueline Sloane||Maria Bello||NCIS Forensic Psychologist.|
|James Palmer||Brian Dietzen||Chief Medical Examiner for the Major Case Response Team.|
|Kasie Hines||Diona Reasonover||NCIS Forensic Specialist; Abby's replacement.|
|Leon Vance||Rocky Carroll||Director of NCIS|
|Donald Mallard||David McCallum||NCIS Historian|
|Miles Deakin||Mike Farrell||Federal judge and leader of the vigilante network.|
|Westley Clark||Scott William Winters||CIA agent.|
|Mallory Madden||Dionne Gipson||CIA agent.|
|Wynn Crawford||Mitch Pileggi||U.S. Secretary of Defense.|
|Andrea Holt||Holly Hawkins||Judge in Sacramento, California and member of the vigilante network.|
|Howard Tanniston||Time Winters||Judge in Buffalo, New York and member of the vigilante network.|
|Daniel Watanabe||Michael Hagiwara||Judge in Columbus, Ohio and member of the vigilante network.|
|Brenda King||Liz Benoit||Judge in Charlotte, North Carolina and member of the vigilante network.|